On 15 January 2018 the new version of Oasisnxt was released. Your computer can access this version through the Download Center or with the Oasisnxt software update function. If you haven’t done so already, we hope that you will install it at your earliest convenience.
Most installations will run very smoothly. However, if you do have a problem, here are some tips and recommendations in the form of a checklist.
Before you get started, check the following prerequisites:
- Be sure that the computer meets the minimum requirements
- Check that your operating system matches the „bit rate“: 32 bit operating system with a 32 bit processor or a 64 bit operating system with a 64 bit processor. A mixed configuration will work but will be a waste of resources and possibly lead to an unstable computer system.
- Check if Windows is up-to-date with „Windows Update“
- If you are not sure if your Windows installation is safe, contact your local IT to check the integrity of your computer system
- Close all open programs (NOAH, other office or fitting software)
Now you are ready to begin installing the newest version of Oasisnxt. Follow the installation guide in the Oasisnxt Information for Use (IFU) and these extra tips:
- During the installation, ensure that you have local administrator user rights
- Turn off the antivirus software
- Check the „User Access Control“ settings, be sure to have it set to „Never notify“, click on the Windows icon in the taskbar and type „uac“
- Remove any prior Oasis installation, remove the installation from „Control Panel/Program and Features“. Remove “Oasis NXT 2017.1” and “Bernafon Oasis 25.0”.
- Install the software by starting from the Windows taskbar “Oasis Updater\Check for updates” or from your downloaded installation file start with “Setup.exe”
- If the installation doesn’t finish:
- Try to install only Oasis 25 and Oasisnxt, discard for the moment SoundStudio and the Software Updater.
- Check for remaining installations of Oasisnxt at the “Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features” search for the entries “Oasis NXT 2017.1” and “Bernafon Oasis 25.0”, uninstall them if present. Reboot your computer after uninstalling.
- If the installation still fails, save the installation log for later investigation and contact your local Bernafon support.
You will need the newest version of the Oasisnxt software to use in situ audiometry and/or SoundClip-A which has also just been released. SoundClip-A is the small all-rounder, a convenient, practical, wireless accessory that allows Zerena hearing instruments to connect to any audio device compatible with Bluetooth® 2.1. Your clients can use it to make hands-free phone calls, as a wireless stereo headset, as a remote microphone, or as a remote control.
With the latest software version, we offer you new possibilities in hearing healthcare. For further information, go to our Oasisnxt page on the Bernafon website. Or, to download it now, go to the Download Center.